Monday, October 19, 2009

Fox News not real journalism??

This is the new play from the White House - and I've got to wonder if it is in response to all the investigative journalism Fox News has been using to expose Obama Administration-friendly organizations (ACORN). Take the chance to read this article about the White House's effort to marginalize Fox's objectivity:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/10/18/white-house-escalates-war-fox-news-1925819282/

One of these days, I would love to hear a specific complaint that holds water. Something that I can read and say, 'yeah, Fox got that wrong.' You know, of course they have gotten some things wrong - every news organization does. But if the White House has a legitimate complaint, they should show us what Fox has been reporting, and then show us how they are wrong?

Why don't they do this? Is it because repeating what Fox News reports is detrimental to the administration's public perception and they want to avoid re-running negative press?

Or is it simply because it is part of the liberal game-plan that any time someone blows a whistle on their agenda, they immediate dump mud on the person/organization and try to portray them as "biased, right-wing zealots (and therefore aren't truly relevant and we shouldn't listen to them)."

Even if the White House is spot-on with this... even if Fox News is really, really biased and non-objective - why are they the only news organization in the cross hairs? CNN and MSNBC (to name only 2 of the many) are highly biased and that has been shown (in specific cases) over and over again.

All in all, this makes me smile. As I read the article, I kept thinking to myself: "Fox ratings will only go up with this kind of press." And it has according to the article; apparently Fox News' ratings have gone up 20% this year. That's huge. The funny thing is, I'm not a huge Fox News person. I just find their stories more interesting, more relevant, and more representative of how I view the world.

The Obama Administration is walking a dangerous line by calling to the carpet a news organization with such a huge platform and influence on the public... not to mention ballsy reporters who will dig deep and expose corruption.

4 comments:

Mocktalk said...

Dan, thanks as always for keeping me posted. I suppose the President has a problem with free speech.

bill said...

Danny,

Cowards and bullies are defined by the same characteristic: They can dish it out, they can't take it.

Looks like they let the fox in the hen house. We know who Fox is, therefore, who must be the chickens?

The real Uncle Bill

TRY UB said...

Dan

All that I can say here is be very watchful, the members of the Obama administration have learned their
lessons of Karl Marx and Saul Alinsky very well, they believe them with all of their being and will not rest until they have the "America" they visualize.

I sit in awe, as this President and his people do exactly what they promised to do, "Change America".
My only question is when, and after how much irreversible damage, will the people who voted him in, and even those who did not, realize and admit that the actual best word to describe Obama's results so-far would not be "Change but "Destruction"

Some brief reading to start to understand their Bible, Alinsky's Rules for Radicals

http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/8925/alinsky.htm

TRY UB

April Hunsaker said...

I appreciate your commentaries Dan. I enjoy reading an adult comversation about things I don't often get to hear about. Thanks for helping me keep my head out of the sand!